Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season)
Some odd titbits I ran across looking at these rankings.

Fred Johnson graded out at 80.1 at 90 snaps at RT. I know it was RT because Williams played 100% of the snaps at LT. 53 of these came in a single game against the Broncos week 15 when Reiff went on IR and Prince had covid. In that game he gave up 2 pressures and 0 sacks in 29 dropbacks. He had no penalties in this game or the entire year. The following week he was listed as questionable and did not practice and then picked a few snaps in weeks 17 and 18. If he gave up zero pressures why didn't he play more? Isaiah Prince played instead of Johnson. He had 9 penalties, tied with Eli Apple. Although Eli edged him out in the post-season 4 to 3. And to be fair, Trey Hill got 5 penalties in only 211 snaps). Here's where it gets weird to me. Fred Johnson was a healthy inactive for all the playoffs. So the back-up for Isaiah Prince was ... nobody. In theory it was D'Ante Smith backing up both tackle spots. Considering he played guard up until week 17 this year.
He must have really pissed off the coaches. Even so, it was malpractice to go into playoff games with your only OT backing up both spots to be a back-up guard.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF Final 2021 Offensive Line Rankings (Regular Season) - puddycat - 02-23-2022, 12:09 AM