Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BENGALS GO ALL OUT TO PROTECT JOE BURROW
The News Sources are Bengals.com, ESPN, Sports Illustrated. So it's pretty official this is happening fast when Free Agency starts.

Bengals have Ted Karras coming in who has been the CENTER on 2 New England Patriot Super Bowls. He is 29 and 6'4' and 305 lbs.

Bengals have Alex Cappa coming in who has been a sold starting RIGHT GUARD for Tampa. He is 27 and 6'6" and 304 lbs.

So things are changing with Bengals Owners. From Max Montoya in early 1990's to Zeitler in 2017, as both left, Mike Brown said in the media both times, " WHY SHOULD I PAY A GUARD ? " . So things are changing with Bengals Ownership. Play-Off Wins, Super Bowl, Deciding to pay a Guard and a Center. It does have the feel that Mike Brown has given up total dictator power to the next generation to run this team.

I will point out that RIGHT TACKLE still remains a GREAT NEED, with Reiff unsigned. Still, THE BENGALS are addressing that they got #1 pick Burrow badly injured in 2020, and Burrow was the most sacked quarterback in the NFL in 2021. Luckily Burrow had a good knee surgeon and doctors made a great knee brace for him. Somehow Burrow played all 21 regular season and play-off to super bowl games, getting hit often with that bad knee. So it is right that Bengals address Protecting The Quarterback in Free Agency.

Bengals.com just made this a topic, so I am posting this as it becomes more official. It's still early, because these 2 won't be really signed until after Free Agency starts after 4 PM tomorrow on Wednesday. There are some posts about one or the other. This is a post about Both, but Bengals still need a Right Tackle. It is a post that BENGALS are Going All Out To Protect Joe Burrow. 30 years of Mike Brown left great doubts to me that they would do this. That the Bengals are doing this shows more signs that Mike Brown has turned over the controls to a new generation breathing new life into this team.

I must add that many in the NFL want to play with Joe Burrow. Cincinnati was never a place Free Agents wanted to come to. The drafting of Joe Burrow has changed that greatly. Good Free Agents on Defense and now on Offense are coming here because Joe Burrow can turn this losing team into a winning team. So to the old Mike Brown question, " Why Should I Pay A Guard ? ". The answer is to Protect this #1 Draft Pick quarterback who has players all over the NFL now wanting to play in Cincinnati unlike before.

So it is good news THE BENGALS added a Veteran Super Bowl CENTER and a veteran starting RIGHT GUARD. These are the positions they should play, don't mess them up and play them out of position. BENGALS need a good CENTER and RIGHT GUARD anyway. This is GOOD NEWS on Bengals.com this morning. Yesterday it was resigning DT Hill. Before that keeping Bates. Now today it is bringing in Top Free Agent Blockers For Burrow. Still need a Solid RIGHT TACKLE or it won't work. Great News this morning on Bengals.com and media that Bengals adding a Top CENTER and a Top RIGHT GUARD is probably going to happen tomorrow.

GO BENGALS. The Road Back To The Super Bowl has Already Started.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
BENGALS GO ALL OUT TO PROTECT JOE BURROW - kevin - 03-15-2022, 05:48 AM