Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium?
I've been many times, but it's honestly been about a decade since my last game there. I'd say in a word, "functional." It's exactly what I would have expected an AFC North stadium to look like at the time it was built. It's got a beautiful location right on the river and with the development around it. The seats have great views (I've sat up high and down low, middle of the field and corners). But it's very lacking in personality and comfort. You'll get mixed reviews on that, which just makes me stand by my statement that it's an AFCN stadium. NFCW has a different stadium standard because of the expectations of the communities they serve along with corporate sponsorships. I think down the road, the Bengals will have an amazing fan experience, but right now it's fairly plain and gray.

Basically, I echo the sentiments of most who have posted in this thread. And I'll echo one more and say that what makes or breaks the experience is the fans. It's all about the people and how the game is going. I've been to late season games where it's been below freezing and the Bengals losing and the crowd sullen and boy do you feel that cold cement under your feet. I've been to other games (I especially love fall games when it's cool but not cold) and the place is rocking and everyone sitting around is your new best friend. The product on the field to me really determines how "comfortable" I find the stadium.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have you ever been to Paul Brown Stadium? - MileHighGrowler - 07-29-2022, 04:20 PM