Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AR-15s put in all Madison Cnty schools to enhance security in case of active shooter
(08-08-2022, 07:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The whole reason to lock up your firearms is to prevent someone who shouldn't be accessing them from accessing them and using them in a manner they shouldn't be used. If you store your ammunition with your firearms then access to one storage location means they not only have the firearms, but the ammunition as well. In the case of someone with nefarious intent, they now have all they need to do damage. In the case of a child being curious, they now have the ability to inadvertently harm themselves or someone else.

The preferred system is to have the ammunition and firearms stored in separate rooms under separate locks. For instance, my firearms are in a safe tucked in a closet in my house that has its own key. My ammunition is in a dry box in another room with two padlocks on it. No one other than my wife and I knows where these two locations are in the house.

So I'm a little curious also.  If someone doesn't have children, then who is this person with nefarious intent?  A burglar doesn't really need ammo on the spot.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AR-15s put in all Madison Cnty schools to enhance security in case of active shooter - michaelsean - 08-09-2022, 10:12 AM