Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
I'm unsure about this.

The Feds tend not to do this sort of thing without a lock for some kind of conviction. It's even harder to believe that they'd pull this kind of stunt on an ex-president without some kind of bulletproof evidence to back up the search.

I can't stand Trump, and never could. However, I think raiding an ex-president's residence is a questionable move when you consider risk-reward. It opens up the door to this kind of thing becoming normal between outgoing and incoming administrations/legislatures. We are polarized enough without that sort of thing becoming a regular occurrence in our political culture. Every president will be investigated on some sort of charge, be it real or imagined by the other party.

It better damn well be a clear and productive investigation. If it isn't, Trump will get a major boost from his lock-step MAGA cultists. I feel like he was dying a slow death in the party without the ability to control media narratives. The vultures were circling and the party elders were looking ready to wash their hands of him. If this is bullshit, he's, IMO, back in a big way.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago - samhain - 08-09-2022, 09:12 PM