Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago
(08-10-2022, 09:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: So someone with a better grasp can probably explain better, and I didn't have time to do a bunch of research on this, but I heard something yesterday about the Presidential Records Act(?) that came about a few years after Nixon because Nixon had set up some kind of deal where all his records were in a vault and only a couple had the keys...including him.  And whenever he wanted he could go and destroy anything in the vault.

Yes. This is what I was referring to a few posts ago. The PRA was enacted in 1978 and essentially says that all official records of the President are public property and must be transferred to the custody of the Archivist immediately upon leaving office. What this means is that any official documents that Trump did not turn over, classified or not, is a violation of this law and theft of government property.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FBI executes search warrant at Mar-A-Lago - Belsnickel - 08-10-2022, 10:55 AM