Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
(10-03-2022, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That's possible. I am still a relatively young fan, so I haven't yet seen many players from when I first began watching become coaches, other than a few like Byron Leftwich and DeMeco Ryans. Many coaches coming up now are people I've never heard of as players (like Zac Taylor). So there's a chance that success in the NFL as a player does not directly correlate to success as a coach.

I'm not sure that explains the disparity between black players and black coaches though. If 60 to 70% of players are black, the assumption would be that that same (or similar) percentage would carry into the "people that don't get as much of a chance to go on to the next level of playing so they concentrate on becoming coaches" pool as well.

A coach is a teacher an not everyone can teach. Alot of coaches don't start as coaches in the NFL they start as graduate assistants in college . They learn coaching from the ground up.

The NFL has a ton of new paths for diversity coaches. Those are very recent and will take years before we see success or failure but the media wants it RIGHT NOW.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals are now a diversity "problem" - Synric - 10-03-2022, 12:36 PM