Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THIS is what black people be talking about…
(10-03-2022, 12:36 PM)Synric Wrote: A coach is a teacher an not everyone can teach. Alot of coaches don't start as coaches in the NFL they start as graduate assistants in college . They learn coaching from the ground up.

The NFL has a ton of new paths for diversity coaches. Those are very recent and will take years before we see success or failure but the media wants it RIGHT NOW.

This particular person in the media, yea. I think her kind are a net negative for those on the left in many ways. She has a very Robin DiAngelo feel to her, which is not a compliment.

(10-03-2022, 01:30 PM)Garrus Wrote: I think Nepotism is a bigger part of it honestly. At least in the current day.

It definitely plays a part, but nepotism has its talons in systemic racism as well (or vice versa, I'm not sure), since nepotism is generally rich, well off people hiring other rich, well off people (or people connected to rich, well off people) and, due to our country's (and world's, honestly) history, that kind of kicks out many people of color by design. If Zac Taylor marries the daughter of a football coach and gets his opportunities based on that connection, then he hires his friends from those times, who also likely had some sort of nepotistic connection to get that job, where can minority or underprivileged people fit into that nepotism structure? 

It's a tough shell to crack, for sure.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals are now a diversity "problem" - CJD - 10-03-2022, 02:31 PM