Poll: What position do the Bengals have the best depth, or who is the best back up player?
This poll is closed.
QB - Terrell Pryor/AJ McCarron
4.55%
1 4.55%
RB - Rex Burkhead
18.18%
4 18.18%
WR - Denarius Moore/James Wright
0%
0 0%
TE - Tyler Kroft/C.J. Uzomah
13.64%
3 13.64%
T - Eric Winston/Jake Fisher
31.82%
7 31.82%
G - Trey Hopkins
4.55%
1 4.55%
DE - Margus Hunt/Will Clarke
9.09%
2 9.09%
LB - Marquis Flowers/Sean Porter/Paul Dawson/Nico Johnson
9.09%
2 9.09%
CB - Chris Lewis Harris/Onterio McCalebb/
0%
0 0%
S - Shawn Williams/Derron Smith
9.09%
2 9.09%
DT - Kwame Geathers/Marcus Hardison
0%
0 0%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What position do the Bengals have the best depth, or who is the best back up player?
A few weeks back I started a thread regarding which player the Bengals could least afford to lose.  Keeping on the idea of "injuries happen" I want to try take this thread in a different direction.  If the Bengals were to lose a starter for significant time (10 games or more) which position would be best equipped to deal with it?  Now that being said there is a bit of additional criteria involved.  Rotational guys are excluded.  I'm looking for guys that have played or are projected to play fewer than 20% of the defensive snaps.  IE... Brandon Thompson backs up Geno, but plays a lot in rotation now.  If (please football Gods don't let this scenario happen) Geno were to get injured, Thompson's role would obviously increase, but I'm looking at the guy that would replace Thompson in the rotation. (Marcus Hardison)

Obviously we don't know for sure who will even make the team at this point, so many of the players are projections. I know their are other players at positions, and I'm not discounting them. But was just trying to give a good sample size of they depth chart players I was looking to discuss. Please feel free to add any player omissions.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
What position do the Bengals have the best depth, or who is the best back up player? - Shepdawg - 05-26-2015, 08:02 PM