Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills
(01-02-2023, 01:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Also, if we win tonight & lockup the division, think of things from a Ravens perspective:

You are locked in to the #6 (if the Rams beat the Chargers) or #5 seed. I am sure they'd prefer #5 (and get Jacksonville/Tennessee instead of KC/us/Buffalo), they aren't afraid of us, or anyone if healthy.

Jackson will not have played in a while, if he is iffy, do you prioritize health over rust removal? I would, he is not a surgeon type QB anyway.

Long story short, if the division is off the table, I could easily see the Ravens resting a lot of guys Week 18. Jackson, Campbell, etc.

Plus, they know if they loose, they know their opponent will likely be Buffalo (if we win tonight). And then could prepare for them early. The Chiefs losing would be the only thing that would spoil it, and at worst they'll know Saturday.

I do not see much of a situation for the Ravens to rest their starters outside of Jackson even if division is out for a three main reasons

1.  Not in Baltimore's nature, harbaugh has tended to stay with starters, he has a strong mentality about winning culture
2.  If 5th seed is in play , that is a bit difference in playing Jacksonville or Tenn over Buffalo 
3   Seems like a bit of bad blood between these teams and got a feeling Ravens would like nothing better than take us out of home field hunt in playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - Essex Johnson - 01-02-2023, 04:27 PM