Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The American Two Party system
(03-12-2023, 03:02 PM)Dill Wrote: The political history of authoritarianism can shed much light on what is going on here, but “Dems are biased too!” Doesn’t clarify much. Or worse, it enables water-muddying false equivalence.  Why don't Dems coup too? 

So I decided to give you a somewhat more deserving answer. You tell me lots of things about what is a useful tool for analysis and what is not, and then your analysis boils down to this sort of conclusion. Why don't do Democrats do coups? And why saying "Dems are bad too!" is pointless and enabling. I mean, that is convenient, isn't it. Not to mention it's quite an accusation to make, especially given my posting history, but also in general. But mainly, real convenient. 

And it's also quite convenient to declare questions like your last one the righteous outcome of a valid analysis of history and the real relevant factors and then teach others lessons about that. And at the same time, in the same post even, you ask me why I feel the urge to bring something up that I believe to be true. As if this somehow were the invalid thing to do in an analysis. Now you personally might be convinced that everything I ever brought up except the juicy anti-Trump stuff is completely, 100% irrelevant, but I just don't believe it is. I don't believe the nature of the two-party system has nothing to with any of it, and I also don't think certain things that liberals do and attitudes liberals developed are completely irrelevant. This for me is part of the overall picture. Is it really a part, and if so how big a part, fine, that can be discussed, I usually don't even disagree with you on most of that. But just automatically declare it a non-factor and accuse me of enabling false equivalencies? That is a bit much.

You don't agree with me on stuff, fine, I'm as fine with you doing it as I was fine with SSF or anyone else doing it. You can even call me uninformed or clueless or whatever, survived it often, would survive it now. But imho, basically you actually come in and ask me why I dare make a thread about the two-party system and how I see it. For any meaningful discourse, my thread should have been called 'why don't Dems coup too?' and I should only have talked about the frivulous right and what an ass Trump is. Anything beyond that, I go on hunches and don't do proper analysis and am enabling false equivalencies and don't clarify my points and whatnot. And maybe, just maybe this attitude could serve as an example of liberal behaviour that isn't all that well suited to win hearts and minds; something you asked me about recently. Of course - just a hunch. I have no hard evidence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The American Two Party system - hollodero - 03-01-2023, 07:56 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - treee - 03-01-2023, 08:54 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - Dill - 03-10-2023, 02:09 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - Dill - 03-07-2023, 10:36 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - treee - 03-06-2023, 05:45 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - Dill - 03-07-2023, 09:08 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - Dill - 03-10-2023, 05:33 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - Dill - 03-12-2023, 03:02 PM
RE: The American Two Party system - Dill - 03-17-2023, 02:24 AM