Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire
(04-13-2023, 02:34 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Oh i know all of this, talk to the OP that posted a report about only the bad statues and nothing else about this guys collection, then Pally posted a Hitler document as well, out of the thousands that he could have posted. To me it appeared he was trying to further the Nazi angle.

Not sure why you are taking offense, you and one other poster said if it's part of a much larger collection then no problems, which i pointed that very thing out.

Media these days is get a couple facts, omit ones that don't support your bias and fill in the gaps with speculation. Print.

So far there doesn't seem to be much if any factual evidence that Thomas didn't follow the rules as they were. There's way too much speculation going on. 

Last point first--there is quit a bit of evidence that Thomas is following neither the ethical norms nor the legal requirements supposed to establish the Supreme Court's independence and probity. The right would be screaming if unions subsidized Sotomayor's vacations with the kind of unreported money flowing to Thomas. 

As has already been pointed out, many of the unwritten rules of Congress, the Executive, and Judicial branches remained unwritten because our government was formed at a time when no one could imagine such flagrant venality among gentlemen. The occasional violations brought shame, not defense along the lines of "well, no laws were broken." Now we are in an era in which non-gentlemen are finding the honor system makes government an opportunity, like a San Fran Walmart with no security cameras. 

I "took offense" because you ignored "the very thing" I and others pointed out, and decided to respond as if we all had accused Crow of something he had not done. Then you complain "the media" omits facts which don't support their bias.

There is one news organization famous for blatant selective reporting. But the Propublica article which heads this thread is definitely NOT an example of "bias" and "filling gaps with speculation." It explains very clearly how Thomas' behavior runs counter to law and ethical norms, thereby doing exactly what journalism is supposed to do in democracy--holding power accountable.  

We should be supporting that, and NOT defending Thomas' elite-funded vacations with "friends." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire - Dill - 04-13-2023, 11:04 AM