Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt (Injured) May Miss all of Spring
(05-29-2015, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really wonder what happened with Ahmad when he was here. He got a lot of snaps in 06 and looked good. Then he was the #1 hype machine entering 2007. I wasn't impressed with him in the preseason, but then he went nuts in the opener and looked like our play making LB. He gets injured in the 2nd game and Marvin played coy with it. Then we get Zimmer in 08 and it looked like Brooks was never in our plans. We tried him all over and he didn't seem to fit.

I know it took about a year and half in San Fran for him to come around.

It kind of surprised me when we let Brooks go. I know I said he "stunk" but really he was pretty solid for a young player, he just didn't live up to the hype. I think he could've developed into a good player for Cincy just as he did for SF, but I seem to remember him being in Marv's dog house for whatever reason. As bfine pointed out, it could've had something to do with the domestic violence thing. Or like you mentioned, it was Zim's first year, so he maybe Brooks didn't fit what Zim was looking for.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Margus Hunt (Injured) May Miss all of Spring - Shake n Blake - 05-30-2015, 10:35 PM