Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOJ putting its thumb on the scales AGAIN
(02-09-2024, 04:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ahh, thanks.  Makes sense, though I'm not sure why those particular points were all that relevant, but maybe in the context of the full report it works.

Biden is no genius, and plenty of people have gotten confused by law enforcement to the point of confessing to a crime they didn't commit.  It's really not hard to imagine them pushing some emotional buttons, and Biden getting angry and not thinking clearly as a result.

Not making excuses for him.  Plenty of his gaffes are concerning, but I don't believe for one minute he forget how or when his son died.  But probably adds credence to the perspective that he simply got confused under emotional duress, and from the DOJ perspective it's proof they didn't come at him with kid gloves.

So, if you read the full report the context is not as bad as conservative media is making it seem. Most of the "confusion" is related to details that any of us would have considered to be insignificant at the time they occurred and not really something we would necessarily be able to recall. Now, there were some instances that were, quite frankly, unusual. The thing everyone seems to do, though, is not understand the circumstances and context of the situation. I am someone to give the benefit of the doubt in most scenarios. All of that being said, though, I don't know why we would think that we would get anything different from an old guy in office. Trump and Biden both show their age at times and at others seem to shine.

Now, the reason for all that in the report is about making their case. So, they laid out their findings as well as their rationale for further action. They were highlighting the likelihood of reasonable doubt to be introduced based on this and for that reason they did not feel it was appropriate to bring charges. Federal prosecutors are notoriously cautious in their filings and if they don't think they can win they aren't going to file. So the conversations about all of that was highlighting the reasonable doubt that would prevent them from successfully bringing charges.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DOJ putting its thumb on the scales AGAIN - Belsnickel - 02-09-2024, 04:58 PM