Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DOJ putting its thumb on the scales AGAIN
(02-09-2024, 06:07 PM)samhain Wrote: I think that the report is potentially more damaging than possible charges over his handling of the documents.  It puts Biden's age and mental fitness back at the front of the discussion.  If the story doesn't die down, then there's  a potential opening for a challenger in the primary.  

If I get Uber-conspiratorial, then I might say that the special investigator (who is MAGA) knew that chances of a conviction on any grounds at all were slim.  This has been talked about since the beginning of the investigation.  Then I might get even crazier and say that Hur felt that he could get his pound of flesh by further enhancing the image of Biden as senile.  Impuning his mental state is a lot less work that actually trying to convict a president, and there's not a lot of liability in it.  It's not a conviction, but in this case it may be worse.  NOTE: I seriously doubt that this is the case.  If this was planned by the MAGA right, then they would have tried to find a way to drop the news in October.  February is an eternity from Election Day on a campaign timeline, so a recovery is highly possible.  It also give the Biden campaign time to paint Trump in the very same light, and there will be no shortage of chances to do so.  

Other conspiracy/strategy: If I were the Dems, I'd let Biden continue as long as possible with the intent to ultimately replace him.  Knowing your opponent this far out is an advantage.  Switch it up late and let them scramble to deal with an unexpected opponent.  Trump undoubtedly expects to have a softball when he debates this fall.  Change the picture and make him deal with someone he hasn't been preparing for for 4 years.  Pick a younger candidate.  Turn the right's emphasis on age and mental fitness right back in their faces.  Everyone on the left would be massively relieved to move on from Biden, and enthusiasm would increase significantly.

This is a historically bad choice of candidates.  All one party needs to do is pick a new contender that's not Trump or Biden.

Newsom is almost certainly on speed dial for Democrats, though Id rather see Mark Kelly. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DOJ putting its thumb on the scales AGAIN - Nately120 - 02-10-2024, 03:39 PM