Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which FA do you want if money did not matter?
(03-01-2024, 11:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I mean...Dalton Risner was just sitting out there after the season started (signed with MIN Sept 19), and I thought he was an immediate upgrade over Volson.
Risner's contract was only $3 mill.

If the staff wanted to upgrade IOL, they could have even after the season started.
I don't feel they will other than the backups since both their backup guards are hitting FA.

You're not wrong. Though I think we may be re-evaluating some stuff after last season. 

Like your thoughts on S, which are spot in, IOL would not be my first option (DT/RT). But if we whiff, or free up more cash, I could see a IOL move. Or a relatively high (Rd3-Rd4) pick if we really hit it out the park in FA. 

I do think upgrading the trenches is probably priority #1 at this point. And everything but DE is included. 

I mean, I could see us taking the kid from Oregon at C in some scenarios. Sign Reader, L. Williams, & Onwenu in FA. Dine baring freeing up more cash with restrucures/cuts. Maybe enough for Townsend, too. Draft the C. Move Karras to G (or move the C to G). Volson as depth. 

Worry about TE & WR3 and CB depth in rounds 2-4. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which FA do you want if money did not matter? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-01-2024, 12:10 PM