Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why did Jan. 6 th committee lie and try and hide a witness transcript?
A witness confirms Meadows did ask offer 10,000 National Guard Troops om Jan.6 as they feared 2 groups may clash? Why did Liz Cheney and the committee fail to provide this evidence at Trump's impeachment trial? WAPO and many others owe Trump, Meadows and others a major apology. Liz Cheneu denied this transcript excisted, yet low and behold it does exist.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jan-6-committee-allegedly-suppressed-testimony-showing-trump-admin-pushed-national-guard-presence-report

Jan. 6 committee allegedly suppressed testimony showing Trump admin pushed for National Guard presence: report
Former Rep. Liz Cheney's spokesman says the report is 'flatly false'

The Jan. 6 congressional committee allegedly falsely claimed it did not have evidence showing former President Donald Trump’s administration requested National Guard assistance, according to a report detailing a "hidden transcript" that was recently released.

"The former J6 Select Committee apparently withheld Mr. Ornato’s critical witness testimony from the American people because it contradicted their pre-determined narrative. Mr. Ornato’s testimony proves what Mr. Meadows has said all along: President Trump did in fact offer 10,000 National Guard troops to secure the U.S. Capitol, which was turned down," Georgia Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk said in a statement on Friday.

Loudermilk released a transcript of former White House deputy chief of staff Anthony Ornato’s interview with the congressional committee investigating Jan. 6 on Friday, following the Federalist’s Mollie Hemingway, also a Fox News contributor, reporting, "Former Rep. Liz Cheney’s January 6 Committee suppressed evidence" that the Trump administration pushed for 10,000 National Guard members to be on the streets.

Ornato’s interview was conducted in January 2022, and attended by Cheney, among other members on the committee. In addition to serving as deputy chief of staff under Trump, Ornato served in the Secret Service for decades.

The committee, which included seven Democrats and two now-former Republican Congress members, Cheney and Adam Kinzinger, concluded that it found "no evidence" that the Trump administration called for 10,000 National Guard members to Washington, D.C., to protect the Capitol.

Trump has long claimed that he requested the National Guard but that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., failed to act on the request. Amid and following the congressional committee’s investigation, media outlets such as the Washington Post "debunked" Trump’s comments, repeatedly awarding him "Four Pinocchios."

Loudermilk on Friday released a transcript of Ornato’s interview with the committee detailing that he overheard then-White House Chief of staff Mark Meadows asking D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser to request as much protection for D.C. as she needed.

"When it comes to the National Guard statement about having 10,000 troops or any other number of troops, do you recall any discussion prior to the 6th about whether and how many National Guard troops to deploy on January 6th?" a staffer with the committee asked Ornato.

"I remember he had – he was on the phone with [Bowser], and we – I had walked in for something, and I was there, and he was on the phone with her and wanted to make sure she had everything that she needed. Because I think it was the concern of anti and pro groups clashing is what I recall. And not anywhere near the Capitol, this was just out on the mall area or at the event; and wanted to know if she needed any more guardsmen," Ornato responded, according to the transcript reviewed by Fox News Digital.

Ornato went on to cite the "10,000" guardsmen number, according to the transcript, arguing Trump wanted "to make sure that you have enough."

"And I remember the number 10,000 coming up of, you know, the President wants to make sure that you have enough. You know, he is willing to ask for 10,000. I remember that number. Now that you said it, it reminded me of it. And that she was all set. She had, I think it was like 350 or so for intersection control and those types of thing not in the law enforcement capacity at the time. And then that's the only thing I recall with that number 10,000 National Guard guardsmen," he continued.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why did Jan. 6 th committee lie and try and hide a witness transcript? - Luvnit2 - 03-10-2024, 05:33 PM