Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis
(01-28-2016, 06:17 AM)Roland Wrote: I see that you don't understand how sports contracts work.

The team is not breaking their commitment when they cut a player.  Sports contracts are written to give the team the exclusive right to terminate the contract.  Those are the terms.  Players accept those terms because they're paid a lot of money to make a multi-year commitment.  If they want, they can negotiate for guaranteed money and when the Bengals make that commitment they keep it.

Yes, the hypocrisy is built in to the non-guaranteed contract, yes it is.  Where did I say different?  Do you understand the words that you're reading before you reply to them?

No division has produced as many playoff teams as the AFC North in recent years.  I'm sure Carson will be more comfortable in a place where he doesn't have to contend with four division games against play-off level competition year in and year out.   As recently as 2011 the Seahawks won the NFC West with a losing record.

Bwaahhahahaa, what a weak argument.  This is the first year that Palmer has been in the NFC West that the division didn't produce the NFC Champion.  It's been an excellent division featuring outstanding defenses top to bottom his entire time there with the exception of San Fran's D falling off just in the last year.  Cmon now!!

You talk about logic and rationality but you really don't seem to have a grasp of either.    If you don't care about the commitment, integrity, or resilience of the guy who is supposed to be leading your team that's your prerogative.  But those are attributes that important to a great quarterback and Carson Palmer demonstrated that he is lacking in those areas.

What does logic and rationality have to do with whether I "care" about a guys commitment, integrity etc.??  He retired, completely within his rights to do so, whether that reflects poorly on his personal integrity is debatable and in the eye of the beholder really.  Commitment??  As I've said, the team offers no real commitment and can cut a player whenever they want and when they do, the team's "integrity" is never questioned by anyone.

You've failed miserably to demonstrate that Bengal fans are anything other than what I said they were with regard to Palmer in my previous post.  In fact, your lame attempt to discredit the NFC West and even lamer attempt at implying NFL contracts aren't inherently hypocritical in cases such as Palmers by suggesting I don't understand how "contracts work" when clearly I do has only furthered my point on the matter.

Thanx bud :) 

In bold and Italic above.....
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer wins a playoff game before we do under Lewis - Savagehenry54 - 01-28-2016, 03:28 PM