Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1
http://uaasnfl.blob.core.windows.net/live/1807/2015_nfl_rule_book_final.pdf   (pg 65)

A foul against an official is not part of a Multiple Foul and will be enforced in addition to any other foul.

Not trying to start shit or beat a dead horse, but with all that I've heard and read about the Pac Man/Porter penalty I thought that I'd look it up myself in the rulebook. I know the first reaction is going to be that Porter should have been called and the NFL admitted this when fining Porter and even though the don't truly offset, they should cancel each other out....Move it forward 15 for Jones and then back 15 for Porter. But....the NFL also fined Wallace Gillberry for his part in the festivities on the field. So in fining Gillberry the NFL admits that it should have called a penalty on him as well. In this case his and Porters penalties would have offset and the Jones penalty stands alone as per the rules and the ball ends up being spotted exactly where it was.

I'd post this in the JN form but I know that it is against the rules for me to do so, plus Im sure it would go over like a fart in church there.
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rule 14 Section 1 Article 3 Exception 1 - StrictlyBiz - 01-21-2016, 07:34 PM