Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth
(06-05-2015, 08:53 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: So many of you whine about Marvy but fail to realize that the list of coaches willing to coach in CIN is probably a short list.  Have you not noticed CLE swapping out coaches every other year?  That is not how you run a franchise.  You don't just change coaches because coach 'can't win a playoff game'.  Marvy isn't out there running routes or catching passes.  

This team was a giant steaming pile of shit before Marvy came here and they have been competitive ever since.  Marvin Lewis is the best coach this franchise has seen since Wyche.  He is the longest tenured coach in the league without a bunch of cheating allegations hanging over his legacy.  Which also means that he is the best coach in the ******* league.  Marvin would have a HC job IMMEDIATELY after getting fired or let go by the Bengals.

You don't just change coaches because he can't win a playoff game?  Really?  It seems like that is what other franchises do, and for every Cleveland Browns team that switches coaches and perpetually stinks there have to be some examples of ones that change coaches and, you know, win stuff.  Ida know, it just seems odd that he have a HC who has gone 12 years without winning a playoff game but appanretly switching HC's ddoesn't lead to payoff wins, either.  So staying the course hasn't worked, but we'd be crazy to change?  Perhaps.

I also think it's pretty humorous that you mention the stupidity of changing HC's but also point out that if we get rid of Marvin that some other team is going to jettison their HC to sign him immediately.  The fools!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth - Nately120 - 06-05-2015, 10:06 AM