Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth
(06-05-2015, 12:07 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: The fact that they were able to play well with Stanton still proves my point, I think.

Imagine if Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers goes down. How well do you think that team plays if one of those guys goes down for the year. Well enough to make the playoffs? Possible, but unlikely.

Peyton and Rogers have both gone down (as did Brady).  The Colts tanked the season and the Packers and Patriots made the playoffs (or should have, in the Patriots' case) as Matt Flynn and Matt Cassel both played quite well in the system and then were sniped by teams that needed them to be the #1 guy and they petered out.

I assure you if Stanton played well enough in Palmer's absence that he would be on a Josh McCown-style starting contract with Cleveland or Buffalo or Houston right now.  Many backups come in and show some flashes but then revert back to mediocrity and/or get injured pretty quickly.  Stanton fell into both traps.  If Palmer gets hurt in 2013 it probably isn't as big a deal, but the guy was playing really well in 2014.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth - Nately120 - 06-05-2015, 12:21 PM