Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth
(06-05-2015, 12:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....that's debatable.....but one theory is it's the surrounding cast (a surrounding cast that won just 5 games the year before he arrived, btw, but I digress), and another is that he finally got some good coaching.....I guess we'll agree to disagree......

I think the argument is that Stanton looked ok for a while, but not as good as Palmer did.  It's a moot point though because he was injured twice over the course of the season, himself.  He got a concussion in his 3rd start and had Palmer's shoulder not gone back to being serviclable they would have had to roll with Logan Thomas in Washington (ick) and then had that knee injury near the end of the season. 

So the guy played ok but not as good as the starter, and then a bit below par, and also had 2 injuries.  That just doesn't sound like "coulda been the starter" material.  He's still the backup in AZ and he's a good one, but he won't be starting anywhere, ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin Lewis Extension Still Leaves A Bad Taste In My Mouth - Nately120 - 06-05-2015, 12:39 PM