Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarthy 'fed up' w/ Packers FA approach
(02-02-2016, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Andre Johnson was 33 when he signed a contract for 3 years/21 million with the Colts last year. I guess that would be a more recent similar comparison, but Johnson is squeaky clean and Adam is well...Pacman. Plus WR's usually command more in FA than CBs.

Honestly we just went through this 3 years ago. Adam was a FA and generated no interest on the open market. That's why we were able to bring him back for peanuts (3 years/5.3 million, signed on March 21st). Sure Adam has solidified his status as a good starting option since then, but he's also 3 years older and has fresh on field incidents that were very public. Plus it's not like he was a scrub in 2012. Many considered him our top CB even then, and he had a great season returning punts.

I don't think we get him for 3/5 again, but I don't see 3/21 either. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see next month.

I could see it being like Rey M's deal. Yes, it was a 3 year deal, but it was a glorified 1 year deal because all the guaranteed money was in the first year. I can see us trying something similar with Pacman.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarthy 'fed up' w/ Packers FA approach - Bengal Dude - 02-02-2016, 05:06 PM