Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I caught up with Paulie G. at the Senior Bowl
It was the first time anyone got a chance to talk to him since his entire defensive staff changed.

So, the natural questions were - what happened? And are you comfortable with this? Paulie G. answered that here (read/share).

Since y'all are my people, I'll give you a little more context.
He liked the fact that Burney worked for Marvin in Baltimore, and he said he had Haslett on his 'wish list' should he ever interview for a head coaching job. Ran into Haslett and Burney, too, but they wanted to stay off record until they got comfortable. They're excited. Haslett insisted he didn't want to be a coordinator and turned down a couple DC offers and is looking forward to getting back to the basics of position coaching.

I couldn't find Coyle, but Guenther said obviously the appeal there was he used to be a DC and his familiarity with the system.

I've got some stuff going on this weekend but I'll circle back to the "ask Jim" thread next week.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I caught up with Paulie G. at the Senior Bowl - jowczarski - 01-28-2016, 02:07 PM