Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
(02-09-2016, 03:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: I've gotta say, we have so many good players as FA that I would like to concentrate on resigning them. We have Nelson, Jones, and both receivers Jones and Sanu just for starters. For this upcoming season I think that should be the priority rather than sign a big name FA for us. for me the real question is who we will retain?

I don't think any of us want to let guys go just so we can go on a free agency splurge. That said, it's likely we'll lose 1-2 guys and I'd like to see them replaced with quality. It'd also be nice to see us upgrade somewhere if possible.

(02-09-2016, 03:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sure but they weren't exactly gang-buster FA signings. 

The only difference is age. If Pacman had the seasons he had here at Talib's age it would be more evident. Money-wise, Talib got more but overall risk-skill it's very similar. 
Talib was traded to New England for a fourth round pick and he was promptly suspended 4 games.
Only got a one year extension to prove himself 

Oh and....

They weren't gang-buster signings, but they were of higher quality than what the Bengals typically go for, no doubt. That's all I'm saying. We've never seen the Bengals go after guys like Talib, Ward, Sanders and Ware in rapid succession. Heck, leave Ware out and we still haven't seen anything close to that. The only time the Bengals have gone after quality like that is when they let go of a more expensive player and the FA came at a cheaper rate. See Coles/Bryant replacing Housh. See Odom replacing Justin. See Clements replacing JJo. Etc etc. All of those guys were cheaper than the guys they replaced.

On Talib vs Pacman, Talib is no boy scout, but Pacman had a baby sitter. C'mon man...Pacman was on a different level as far as the off field stuff. You know this.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER! - Shake n Blake - 02-09-2016, 08:23 PM