Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adolphus Washington - good fit for Bengals?
(06-11-2015, 09:08 AM)c12schleyer Wrote: Personally I think he is a great fit and had him mocked to the Bengals in the 3rd.  I know he is a 1st or 2nd round talent but I think his production takes a bit of a plummet this year without Bennett.  Put on a few lbs, and then you have a starting 4 up front of Dunlap-Atkins-Washington-Johnson.... I could live with that
So you are in the boat of having him bulk up and become a starting NT for the Bengals.

Given the fact he's being put at UT this season for Ohio St, I don't see him trying to add much more weight beyond possibly hitting 300. And because of that, I think that if a team drafts him to become a NT will need to give him a year to bulk up and be a situational interior pass rusher as a rookie.

Can (or should) the Bengals afford to draft Washington with a likely high-round draft pick and groom him for a year with both Sims and Peko hitting FA next offseason? Would people be satisfied with possibly one of those two being re-signed and being the starter for 2016 while Washington is prepped?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adolphus Washington - good fit for Bengals? - ochocincos - 06-11-2015, 10:44 AM