Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The forgotten "hole" in our roster.
Seems like a lot of people are saying that the only thing they want to see us do is re-sign Reggie Nelson.  They seem to be forgetting the hole left by Wallace Gilberry.  I am much more confident that Shawn Williams can step in and play at safety than I am that Hunt or Clarke can fill Gilberry's role.  And I want Hardison to get bigger and become a full time DT instead of being a DT/DE hybrid.

If we don't re-sign Gilberry there are some other cheap alternatives out there.  Both Antonio Smith (6'3", 274) and Henry Melton (6'3", 280) have been to the Pro Bowl.  I don't know if Jeremy Mincey (6'4", 265) has ever played inside at DT, but he is still available.  Tony McDaniel is built like a 4-3 DE (6'7", 295) but has always played DT.

Hardison may blossom into a very good player.  it is not unusual for a player to make huge strides from their rookie season to their second, but guys who have been around a while like Hunt (3 years) and Clarke (2 years) are probably not going to suddenly get a lot better.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The forgotten "hole" in our roster. - fredtoast - 04-02-2016, 12:31 PM