Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Mock Draft Live - Bengals Pick
(04-26-2016, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: This supports my main point. Instead of constantly trying to find our interior line in the bargain basement (and having constant issues running inside and with pass pressure up the middle), fix it on a longer term basis. If Kelly is still there at 24 he is a no brainer pick as he would almost certainly be the BPA and also it is a need position.

I don;t think it supports much of a point to draft a center in 1st round.  We are talking about like six overall centers in 10 years of drafts and most of those were drafted before the 24th overall pick.   Think about how many good centers have been drafted after the 1st round since 2006.  Here are three more centers over the last 16 years drafted in 1st round that as a whole did not live up to 1st round status:  Chris Spencer 2005, Jeff Faine 2003  and Damien Woody 1999.

Finally, I don;t think drafting a center in 2nd to 4th round is bargain basement.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL.com Mock Draft Live - Bengals Pick - Essex Johnson - 04-27-2016, 06:00 PM