Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I dont want a WR in the first round
(04-27-2016, 06:25 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Ummm....we have to replace Marvin Jones more than we do Sanu, unless you believe Brandon LaFell is going to do that, and he came up about 300 yards and 4 TD's short of Lewis's production last year. Actually, I don't think we HAVE to take any one position player in the first round, even a beastly center would be nice, but so too would having two #1 picks at WR, it would make Green better as well; every team has their own Calvin Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, or Julio Jones it would be pretty awesome to have two of them. The way this draft is shaking out, it's hard to say who is the BPA that will fall to us. Then again, I'd really like to know who the Steelers want and pick them in front of them.
LaFell may replace Sanu or Jones, but he doesn't replace both.  Now LaFell and a 1st round pick WR does give us the best chance to get back to play-offs, which is all I care about is winning.  It would be sad if this group from 2011 on never wins a Play-Off game before the team needs completely rebuilt. ....basic math tells you 1 does not equal 2...we need one more, and a good one.  We sure won't get a good one near the end of round 2, not in this years draft. .....but there are positions deep in talent in later rounds, just not WR. .....we can fill other needs after 1. 

Some teams run several Pro Bowl type WRs out there, and if we want play-off wins, we better be trying to do the same.  I can't believe when people say we can get by with Tate, Burkhead and Hewitt.  That is like when the Big Red Machine players were replaced by players like Wayne Krenchicki, same uniforms but not as many wins. Some fans didn't see the difference, which was amazing. .....The more I hear people mention Tate, Burkhead or Hewitt at WR, the more I see a need for a Round 1 Wide Receiver. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont want a WR in the first round - kevin - 04-27-2016, 06:36 PM