Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image.....
(06-18-2015, 07:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fred why do you call the Steelers, Packers, and Patriots teams great ?

See what I'm getting at here ??? The spin you try and put on it is - if you're not ecstatic that we've made the playoff 4 years in a row then you're a hater. It's the typical take it to the extreme argument championed by homers.

It's not that that making the playoffs isn't a nice thing. It's that I want the Bengals to be among the GREAT !

You're satisfied with so-so, well then good for you.

Thanks for proving my point about how this is used as a strawman.  Please post a link to where I said I was satisfied with just making the playoffs.

Please post a link to where I said that if you were not ecstatic about making the playoffs 4 years in a row then you are a hater.

I never said either of those things.  They are perfect examples of strawmen.

However I can post dozens of links to people who call the Bengals "mediocre" despite winning more games than most other teams and making the playoffs more than most other teams.  I have never claimed the Bengals were "great" because they made the playoffs.  All I have said is that they are better than "mediocre".  And this is not a strawman because I can post links to people using the term "mediocre" or as you said "so-so".

(06-19-2015, 11:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Lack of accountability is one of this teams bigger problems.

Except when Guenter criticized Geno's play last year people jumped Paulie for "Throwing Geno under the bus to cover his own ass."  The whiners are going to whine no matter what the coaches do.  If they don't criticize the players then they are not holding them responsible, but if they do criticize the players they are "throwing them under the bus."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hue Jackson fed up with Bungles image..... - fredtoast - 06-19-2015, 01:59 PM