Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
I have no problems with people organizing to make a change.

I do have a problem with things like in a video I just saw where protestors wouldn't let an ambulance that had its lights on pass in the street.

However, my question is this: how many people even know what they're protesting and how many show up to protest because they play the victim card and feel like it's their right tp do so?  How many actually want to bring about change in a meaningful, effective way?  How many just enjoy playing the oppressed card?

I only bring this up because protestors like in this video seem to have no idea what they're protesting and are there for no other reason than to make noise?

They're trying to make a difference?  What does yelling at the police and causing a disturbance achieve?  The camera man put a camera in front of three people and asked what they were protesting and, if they wanted to make a change, they could have calmly spoke into the camera and told the reporter what they wanted changed and why they wanted it changed or why they were even mad.  That would have been taken seriously by a lot more people than just making the crowd look like a bunch of thugs who are just causing trouble because they have nothing better to do.

The woman on the news show that was talking to the host said "they're looking for solutions" but then, after the video, quickly changed to "I don't thin that's what most Black Lives Matter protests look like," but I've seen MAYBE one peaceful protest with people who actually seem like they know what they're protesting.

So back to my original question: how many people even know what they're protesting and how many show up to protest because they play the victim card and feel like it's their right tp do so?  How many actually want to bring about change in a meaningful, effective way?  How many just enjoy playing the oppressed card?

Messages In This Thread
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting? - BFritz21 - 07-15-2016, 06:14 PM