Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals have allowed the most rushing yards (In 2 Weeks)
(09-22-2016, 05:53 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let's not overreact here, the bengals have gone up against two teams whose best weapons were star wide receivers. The bengals choose to make shutting down those stars their top priority, and were successful. When you do that you leave other areas of the defense open to be exploited. its the same philosophy the pats use, they are gonna figure out what you do best and take that away. If you're going to beat us it's not going to be with your strengths, it's gonna be another area that's going to have to win the game for you.

Week one we were in nickel defense almost every snap and shut down Marshall/decker. That left Forte the opportunity to hurt us and he did.

Week 2 I actually thought our run defense was very good.

This doesn't mean there isn't reason for concern, but I think it's too early to put much stock in those rushing numbers.

Exactly.  The only real stat is points allowed and with the two teams they faced, on the road, I think 22 and 24 points at least gives you the opportunity to win.  And I agree that the run defense looked very stout against putzburgh.  If not for the egregious holding allowed, they wouldn't have done shit.

Gave Antonio Brown his worst day as a pro for some time.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals have allowed the most rushing yards (In 2 Weeks) - SHRacerX - 09-23-2016, 08:45 AM