Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Cowboys***
(10-09-2016, 08:46 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: When I posted that Andy had three straight bad passes to end the drive.  I said he needed to take advantage of every opportunity and he made some bad throws.  Other QBs do it.  Don't pretend like Sanu and Jones ever came back to the QB.  Yes I agree it's a coaching issue but there was one play against cover 2 where Boyd ran to the soft spot in the coverage and was wide open and Andy had an opportunity to throw him the ball and decided to scramble out of the pocket.  It's not really a surprise that Andy struggles to beat zone coverage.  If could just be the way our plays are called.  

I rarely see our receivers, this year and last years, taking advantage of soft spots in zone.  Green is such a phenomenal receiver he beats a lot of man but gets a lot less production in zone coverage.  He had a great play in zone towards the end of this game, but the o-line issues limited those plays.  

Fact is Andy has room to improve but what QB doesn't.  The tale of this game was poor line play on both sides.  My comment mid game was just meant to say Andy is going to have to play a perfect game as every opportunity presents itself since they will be far and few between.

My apologies if I misunderstood.....and no....none of receivers ever come back.  What I meant is they could get more separation than a rookie and Lafell.  Eifert obviously helps too.  Without them....our line doesn't give us enough time to let anything else develop.

Andy most certainly has areas he could improve upon.....I guess Brady and Rodgers are about the only ones with minimal room for improvement.  Also.....there was a dude blaming Dalton for all of the sacks this year.....so perhaps I lumped you in with that ilk. Sorry for that.

The fact that Piano Man is still here pisses me off to no end.  At 40.....I'm mad enough right now to put on the pads again and line up in the street !  So mad.....the resulting traction I'd need doesn't even scare me. Lol.  I don't mind losing....but an effort like that is flat out embarrassing and disgusting.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread