Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 5 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Cowboys***
(10-09-2016, 08:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Ok.  I showed up late to this one.  Stat sheet shows Peko with 1 tackle, and Geno with zero tackles...and neither were hurt?

Well physically no, but emotionally? Very....
Reply/Quote
Dalton gave me 25 Fantasy Points replacing bye week Russell Wilson.....I hate the loss, but I'll take the points,
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:21 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Ok.  I showed up late to this one.  Stat sheet shows Peko with 1 tackle, and Geno with zero tackles...and neither were hurt?

Peko has always sucked, surprised he notched one tackle.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:20 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: How long before this board turns into the pussified place that the original was?

Never, now that you are gone.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:19 PM)86AD Wrote: Marvin Lewis press conference

Giggle
We need to do better
Giggle
Hopefully we get all those things cleaned up this week
Giggle

You forgot about how we "need to keep grinding and working" (his favorite) and saying how Ced O. is doing fine and just needs to focus on a couple little technique things (like not watching the DE run right by him over and over). 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:23 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well physically no, but emotionally coaching? Very....

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:24 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Never, now that you are gone.

Now only if someone did the same to Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Be careful boys the ban hammer is out.

As am i.

Reply/Quote
phillip rivers always in a comeback situation. it never seems to fail. for the lulz.....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:25 PM)matmaven Wrote: You forgot about how we "need to keep grinding and working" (his favorite) and saying how Ced O. is doing fine and just needs to focus on a couple little technique things (like not watching the DE run right by him over and over). 

Marvin just told Lap, "we need to grind and get better."
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 09:57 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Bengals D shuts down the Dallas run game. Bengals win 20-17.

Way off this week. We got our a$$ whooped big time today.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:21 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Really?  If you got anything out of what I said other than Andy needs to make the best out of every opportunity he gets...and in this game there will be few then I don't know what to tell you.  Maybe you should stop trying to learn Russian and stick to learning English comprehension.

Comprehended it fine....just like I have what you have posted for years.  The o line is being exposed this year.  They've always been overrated because of our quick hit offense.  No Eifert....no MLJ and Sanu getting open underneath is giving us fits because these dog turds can't hold a block on Betty White.  Ogbuehi is also magnifying their pussification under Piano Man.

You said every time he has time....AD throws a shitty pass.  When he had time....he hit 14 straight.  So....yeah....stick to Madden.  Also....when a play breaks down for Pitt....WRs come back to the QB...and a couple run the go route.  Ours? Stand there with their thumb up their asses and wonder WTF to do.  Piss. Poor. Coaching.  Dalton and Green seem to be the only players improving around here.....the rest are regressing.  Piss. Poor. Coaching.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh, Chargers!!!!
Reply/Quote
lololol chargers!
Reply/Quote
Look at the bright side. We may have lost, but nobody lost an eye! Also, let's the coaches regroup and admit it isn't what it was last year and how to make it better. Dallas is not a bunch of candy asses. We lost to a good opponent. Should have won with the talent we have but we didn't. Let's hope next week we knock Brady on his ass all day and turn this thing around. Who Dey! We are only 2 games out of 1st and we play Pittsburgh again.

Reply/Quote
Well at least we only have to play away to the Pats next week.....
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:29 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Marvin just told Lap, "we need to grind and get better."

See the post I created in Jungle Noise. Marvin Lewis greatest failure!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Look at the bright side. We may have lost, but nobody lost an eye! Also, let's the coaches regroup and admit it isn't what it was last year and how to make it better. Dallas is not a bunch of candy asses. We lost to a good opponent. Should have won with the talent we have but we didn't. Let's hope next week we knock Brady on his ass all day and turn this thing around. Who Dey! We are only 2 games out of 1st and we play Pittsburgh again.

Oh....I agree with that Harley.....they are a good team.  It should have been a nail biter imo.  It was an ass whipping.  It was embarrassing.  The team was listless and lifeless in BOTH trenches.  Secondary wasn't very good either.  THAT'S why I'm fuming.

That said.....Claibourne is a baller for DAL.  Several nice PDs today.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Comprehended it fine....just like I have what you have posted for years.  The o line is being exposed this year.  They've always been overrated because of our quick hit offense.  No Eifert....no MLJ and Sanu getting open underneath is giving us fits because these dog turds can't hold a block on Betty White.  Ogbuehi is also magnifying their pussification under Piano Man.

You said every time he has time....AD throws a shitty pass.  When he had time....he hit 14 straight.  So....yeah....stick to Madden.  Also....when a play breaks down for Pitt....WRs come back to the QB...and a couple run the go route.  Ours? Stand there with their thumb up their asses and wonder WTF to do.  Piss. Poor. Coaching.  Dalton and Green seem to be the only players improving around here.....the rest are regressing.  Piss. Poor. Coaching.

When I posted that Andy had three straight bad passes to end the drive. I said he needed to take advantage of every opportunity and he made some bad throws. Other QBs do it. Don't pretend like Sanu and Jones ever came back to the QB. Yes I agree it's a coaching issue but there was one play against cover 2 where Boyd ran to the soft spot in the coverage and was wide open and Andy had an opportunity to throw him the ball and decided to scramble out of the pocket. It's not really a surprise that Andy struggles to beat zone coverage. If could just be the way our plays are called.

I rarely see our receivers, this year and last years, taking advantage of soft spots in zone. Green is such a phenomenal receiver he beats a lot of man but gets a lot less production in zone coverage. He had a great play in zone towards the end of this game, but the o-line issues limited those plays.

Fact is Andy has room to improve but what QB doesn't. The tale of this game was poor line play on both sides. My comment mid game was just meant to say Andy is going to have to play a perfect game as every opportunity presents itself since they will be far and few between.

The 14 straight were the quick hits he's so accustomed to doing. Not sure why we couldn't do those successfully earlier. I think we ran way to much play action and 5 step drops.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:46 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: When I posted that Andy had three straight bad passes to end the drive.  I said he needed to take advantage of every opportunity and he made some bad throws.  Other QBs do it.  Don't pretend like Sanu and Jones ever came back to the QB.  Yes I agree it's a coaching issue but there was one play against cover 2 where Boyd ran to the soft spot in the coverage and was wide open and Andy had an opportunity to throw him the ball and decided to scramble out of the pocket.  It's not really a surprise that Andy struggles to beat zone coverage.  If could just be the way our plays are called.  

I rarely see our receivers, this year and last years, taking advantage of soft spots in zone.  Green is such a phenomenal receiver he beats a lot of man but gets a lot less production in zone coverage.  He had a great play in zone towards the end of this game, but the o-line issues limited those plays.  

Fact is Andy has room to improve but what QB doesn't.  The tale of this game was poor line play on both sides.  My comment mid game was just meant to say Andy is going to have to play a perfect game as every opportunity presents itself since they will be far and few between.

My apologies if I misunderstood.....and no....none of receivers ever come back.  What I meant is they could get more separation than a rookie and Lafell.  Eifert obviously helps too.  Without them....our line doesn't give us enough time to let anything else develop.

Andy most certainly has areas he could improve upon.....I guess Brady and Rodgers are about the only ones with minimal room for improvement.  Also.....there was a dude blaming Dalton for all of the sacks this year.....so perhaps I lumped you in with that ilk. Sorry for that.

The fact that Piano Man is still here pisses me off to no end.  At 40.....I'm mad enough right now to put on the pads again and line up in the street !  So mad.....the resulting traction I'd need doesn't even scare me. Lol.  I don't mind losing....but an effort like that is flat out embarrassing and disgusting.

Reply/Quote