Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you pull for now that Cincy is all but sunk?
I don't really "root" hard for them, but I wish the Lions well, and I kinda have to pay attention to their season.

1. Their playoff winless streak started in 1991. The poor bastards are only 1 year behind us, so no one can relate to Bengals fans more than a Lions fan. With the Chiefs winning one recently, no other team is even within 10 years of Cincy and Detroit.

2. Beyond the playoff streak, they just seem like the Bengals in a lot of ways. Stafford has never won a playoff game and half of Detroit wanted to trade the guy last year (idiots), but like Dalton, the guy is a good QB who gets too much blame for the lack of more success. They signed Marvin Jones and Gilberry during the off-season. Jim Caldwell's demeanor has always reminded me of Marvin Lewis. Matt Millen was comparable to Mike Brown as far as running a team goes. Suh was like a combination of Atkins and Burfict.

3. I always cheer for the little guys. Teams who have never won a championship. Cities that are starving for success.

4. The Wife is a Lions fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who do you pull for now that Cincy is all but sunk? - Shake n Blake - 12-04-2016, 01:09 PM