Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
i hope we dont trade aj mccaron
Im watching these youtube videos on mccaron, dalton, and even brady.   Just looking at mccarons mechanics you can see he is a better pocket passer then dalton.  The youtube comments say he reminds them of brady.  And i wouldnt go that far, because tom is taller and more intense.  But id say the mechanics and throwing motion is like brady.  So ill label him a poor mans brady.   If you reasearch what they have in common.  Both played for big conference teams, both had college production.  But the scouts pushed them both down the draft boards because of arm strength.  Correct me if im wrong but i think the same happened with joe montana.  Now Dalton, i do not know who he would compare too, im thinking of a little better version of kitna, or jake delome from the panthers, with body type and skill set.  The thing that bothers me with dalton, is his mechanics combined with his height.  I know people will say hes tall as aj green. But it just doesnt look it.  And his mechanics are one read if not there ,tuck and escape, run to the right if you can. The last game dalton did pretty good, mainly the first half.  But this is a different case vs tougher teams.  Ive witnessed it for 6 years.  [/align]

I also heard a saying. If you can complete passes with a clean pocket you can play in the nfl.  But its how you handle pressure is to determine if you are a backup or not.  Now this is hard to gauge with dalton because he does have numbers and has done some good.  But we want to take the next step dont we?  Im really hoping we do not get rid of mccaron, its going to be a mistake.  To add to the other mistakes we have made in our history. Like letting zimmer go, and bill walsh.  Also there was a article about marvin feeling secure about his job so he is not going anywhere. So im thinking we probably need mccaron to start.  Hes the more mechanically clined qb, and pocket passer.  Now go ahead and say i dont know football and andy is god, im ready for it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
i hope we dont trade aj mccaron - bengalsturntup926 - 12-09-2016, 04:45 AM
RE: i hope we dont trade aj mccaron - 'E' - 12-09-2016, 03:17 PM