Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Says He Can Wait For New Contract
AJ says he can wait until after this year for a new contract.

AJ says that he's in no rush for a new contract and that he won't let the race for a new contract of other NFL receivers- Dez, Demaryius, Julio- have any impact on his contract:
Quote:Green said that all the receivers hunting for long-term deals are different people on different teams, leaving him with the feeling that their deals won’t “say anything about me.” Instead, Green is spending his time focused on football and believes his “body of work will speak for itself.”

I love it and it's a sign that we have a high character guy that is all about football and is a class act.

You never hear a receiver talk like he's not here for the money, but that's exactly how AJ sounds and what he pretty much said:

Quote:“I don’t get into all the ‘I need a contract stuff,'” Green said at his football camp in Ohio on Thursday, via ESPN.com. “I’m not here for money. I’m not broke. So I’m fine. I can wait until the end of the year to get a contract, but I know that time is coming.”

Running a football camp in Ohio also is a good sign because, to me, it says he likes being here. If he didn't, he would run the camp back home in South Carolina or in Georgia where he went to college.

The dude will be making millions of dollars, so he knows that that will be enough.

I'm sure some people will say "oh, he's just saying that and he wants to wait until next season because he knows that the other receivers will set the pay-bar and he'll get the most because he's last," but that risks a bad year and making less, plus the injury risk, and AJ's not a diva like other receivers.

He'll end up with a big deal, but AJ being focused on his life and football, but not his contract, makes me love him even more.

We have a hell of a guy on our team!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
AJ Says He Can Wait For New Contract - BFritz21 - 07-09-2015, 06:11 PM