Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now...
The problem, I think, is that the Bengals offense no longer fits Jeremy Hill's running style/ability. When Hill was at his best, he had a fullback leading him into the hole. I guess it forces him to be more decisive and limits the dancing in the backfield trying to figure out where to run. Maybe he sees too much going on when he's not looking at the back of his fullback's jersey? I don't know the actual numbers, but I know the Bengals ran Ryan Hewitt in front of Hill as a fullback a hell of a lot more his rookie season than they have the past 2! You would think that coaches and execs who are paid to know these things would have addressed this already, but then again we are talking about the Bengals... We always hear Marvin Lewis talk about teams who can run the ball and wear defenses down/control the clock. Hill with a fullback in front of him could be that type of back, but the Bengals seem to want to be fancy and flashy on offense so they line Hewitt up as a wingback, as a tight end, or even staggered in the backfield, but not behind Dalton and in front of Hill, which is where he should be! Didn't they give him a big contract (for a fullback) because the feel/felt he is on of the best fullbacks in the league? I think they have become so enamored with his versatility that they try to showcase that versatility from series to series instead of game to game. Line him up at fullback 80 - 85 percent of the time each game. The other 15 - 20 percent do different things with him game to game instead of lining him up all over the place every game and he ends up only playing about 7 or 8 snaps as an actual fullback.

As far as Rex, he's a good back and should be brought back. Unfortunately I think some other team will offer him more money than the Bengals can afford to match with Hill and Gio both getting good money.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinedum Ndukwe, Bernard Scott, Vinny Rey, and now... - Bengalmaniac - 01-03-2017, 02:06 AM