Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
(03-24-2017, 04:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Minter signing raised the grade from a rock solid F to a D.

- I was fine with letting Whit and Z go as long as they used that money to pursue other upgrades. I don't feel they did.
- The fact that the Bengals wanted Whit back at all shows their lack of confidence in Ogbuehi...yet when they lost Whit, they apparently decided to just roll with Ogbuehi. Weak.
- Andre Smith was mercifully signed, but I'm sure he was dirt cheap for good reason. He's struggled to stay healthy. He can help if he can see the field though.
- Replacing Maualuga with a younger and fresher player was a sound move. A move that should happen more often. I never hated Rey, but he looked washed in 2016.
- Good on them to bring back Kirkpatrick. Pacman will likely be suspended and needs to go anyway. Behind them is a group of unproven players. Kirk is our best corner, no doubt. Imagine that.

A home-run draft could raise this grade, but every team gets to use the draft. I really wish this team would start utilizing FA better.

Minter definately raised my grade big time. Dude was a Captain on Zona's #2 ranked Defense and can stop the
run and cover, he is only 26 and is in his prime. This guy should help keep our LB's in the proper positions unlike
last year with the headset. Heard they are working on a longer deal.

I think Andre will be a badass Right Guard for us.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2017, 04:09 PM