Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
(03-24-2017, 04:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Hard to go much higher than a D here. Losing Whit and Zeitler is just bad...really bad. Granted they planned to lose Zeitler all along, but not studying for a final exam doesn't excuse the F you'll get on it and letting the best 2 guys from the worst unit on your team walk is just plain stupid. Burkhead leaving was going to happen, the guy wants to play and wants to win and neither is an option right now here, so I can't fault the team for losing him, short of cutting Hill (which they won't do) there was no way to lure Rex back. Dre K, Minter, Lafell are all good moves. Bringing man boobs back to town may pan out...or he may spend the year on IR again..so no grade movement there.

The biggest concern with this FA period is the lack of upgrades. There is one guy you can view as an upgrade on a team that was really bad last year. If you have a bad team, and only make one improvement, that doesn't give much hope for the future or give any reason to rate the offseason above a D.

What makes you think Andre will spend the year on IR?

I actually always thought he would make a great RG with his size and strength. He is a good run blocker, just what we
needed at RG. Zeitler was a great pass protector but was poor in the running game. For a former RT to move to RG is
a beautiful move to me, one i think will really pay off this year. My question is still at Center and Og improving enough.

They should of went after Wisnewski for competition at Center. TJ Johnson is not the answer. Is Mangold still out there
i wonder? Hopefully we draft one of the top Centers.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-24-2017, 04:18 PM