Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
D

Reasons:
1. (-) Could have signed Zeitler during the off season last year for $9M per year for a 5 year deal. Would have secured one spot on the O-line for awhile.
2. (-) Have yet to realize that Ogbuehi isn't making it, so low balled Whitworth.
3. (no value) I can't tell if the team really wanted Kirkpatrick back that much or if it were a reaction signing because Pittsburgh was going to offer Kirkpatrick $10M per year. It's hard to figure out the thoughts as they work their way through Mikey's microscopic mental calculator.
4. (-) I don't understand the re-signing of Peerman when we are going to bring in 11 new rookies via the draft. Peerman cannot make any NFL roster because of his RB abilities, only his special teams tackling, and a lot guys can actually do that job. Burkhead stepped into that role last year and did just fine. I credit the special teams coach far more than I do Peerman. Burkhead was the better player all around. So we let the better one go and re-sign the lessor one. Why?
5. (+) Andre Smith was a good signing I think and I venture to say that he's now our best O-loneman in that he will move guys off the ball and out of the way. Something the other 4 can't seem to do very well.
6. (no value) Brought back LaFell. He did fine in his first year, but he's not a long term solution. Doesn't upgrade anything, but doesn't take anything away. He's not going to suddenly be a great #2.
7. (+) Signing Minter was an upgrade. The only upgrade signing in the free agency for the Bengals this year.

The minuses were extra big minuses while the pluses were only moderate pluses.

Considering the team had $43M in cap space to work with I expected a better effort to put a winner on the field this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON? - BengalChris - 03-24-2017, 09:09 PM