Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
(03-25-2017, 07:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll go B-.

We knew we were losing Zeitler. It would have been nice if we tagged and traded him for a pick...but so it goes. Adding Andre Smith to replace him was a move I called for and Smith has the potential to be an elite Guard.

Minter is a huge upgrade to Maualuga. HUGE.

Losing Whitworth hurts...but he's already the oldest starting Tackle in the NFL. He's not going to hold up much longer. They would have had to replace him sooner than later. They drafted to replace him...the guys just haven't panned out yet.

Sometimes young Tackles look like busts for a couple years...then it clicks.

Now...WE NEED A STARTER IN THE 1ST ROUND OF THE DRAFT. Fournette, Foster, or a DE that upgrades us. It has to happen. IF we can do that...we should be set.

I appreciate the optimism. Here's to hoping Ogbuehi and Fisher become good football players during their 3rd seasons. It's possible.

That said, I think a B- is awfully generous. We downgraded at 2 positions, upgraded at 1 and stood pat everywhere else.

I guess you could say releasing Peko was an addition by subtraction, and cutting RM was an unexpected (although obvious) decision.

I agree that we need a starter with the #9 pick. At this point, do you feel like Foster would start over Burfict or Minter? I guess he could be a "starter" at SLB, but that position has gotten fewer and fewer snaps each season and I consider the nickel CB to be more of a starter than SLB at this point in the NFL.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON? - CJD - 03-27-2017, 08:23 AM