Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON?
(03-27-2017, 04:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're on the same page. I'd love to see Fournette in the 1st Round...but I think he's gone by our pick.

I like Foster too...but as someone pointed out...we play 2 LB sets a lot and the 3rd LB doesn't see the field much. That would make Foster a waste in some ways.

So...a guy like Taco Charlton that is 6 foot 6 and 270 fits the Bengals mold at DE.

While, I'd hate to see us draft a TE to replace Eifert...a guy like OJ Howard is a dominant TE. IF the Bengals would keep Eifert and play them both...I'd be cool with that.

Then, there's a guy like Mike Williams at WR. The Lafell signing probably closes the door on this.

Dalvin Cook is probably a reach at our pick.

Then, you gotta look at if a guy like Hooker falls. Do we need a S? No. But if you can get a Top 5 talent, the Bengals may jump at it.

I do think they signed Minter to free up the draft.

In my dream scenario we select Fournette.

Would be fine with Fournette, he is a gap scheme runner but he can learn to see his blocks different if we need him to.
For his size he might be the fastest big RB since Earl Campbell. He can also catch the ball out of the backfield which is
what we will need out of our RB's. To tell you the truth i like Dalvin Cook a little more but he has had his troubles off the
field just like Mixon has.

OJ Howard would really help us in lots of ways, he can block which we will probably need our TE's to do next to Og and
Howard is a great pass catcher. Great insurance for if Eifert is never the same or leaves, plus that may be the best TE duo
in the NFL besides Gronk and Bennett.

I hope we don't use the Lafell signing as a reason not to pick a player that could really help us. Mike Williams, John Ross
and Corey Davis would all be upgrades over Lafell and would open up more chances for Green. I really like Lafell but he
is not a gamebreaker.

Hooker is a rare talent, being compared to Ed Reed is no laughing matter, BPA. I like Jamal Adams a lot too but i think
we may be fine at Safety, it is not a terrible need. Shawn should improve and if he doesn't, Derron, Fej and Shaw all are
great insurance.

Getting Minter might of made Foster not as likely but it is only a one year deal.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Grade Would you Give the Bengals Thus Far during the OFF-SEASON? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-27-2017, 04:30 PM