Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis gives his opinion on Pacman
(03-29-2017, 03:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Brown pledges his support for Pacman:

"I see Adam Jones through my own eyes. I see different facets of his personality. I see him as a person who is energetic, lively, positive for the most part, exceptionally so. I know a little bit about his family, that weighs in my mind. I think back to when he had his little daughter and she was a premie. He used to drive up from practices at Georgetown every day after practice to look through the glass and see her where they kept the premie babies in the hospital and the lights went out, one after another in that group of little babies, they disappeared. His little girl managed to survive. Now she has grown into a 5-year-old little girl. Wonderful little girl. Very pretty, very attractive, very energetic. To me, that is a story that registers. I would say this point blank: Am I looking to harm her? I’m not. It’s a bigger picture than one incident. And I get to be the one that sits in the chair to decide that. So I have chosen to decide it the way I am deciding it. I’m going to give him a chance. I hope it comes out right for him, for his family and for us. I know there are critics. I understand. But that is a full answer. And that’s what I have to say about it."

"It’s playing out. The prosecutor is dropping the felony charge. In effect, he said there is not enough there to proceed on that charge. You are down now to a few misdemeanor charges. The country prosecutor Joe Deters commented on how he would handle those if he were the one handling them. In effect, he said they didn’t amount to enough to pursue. You are dealing with people’s lives here. It’s easy to sit on high and say, oh, terrible, terrible. Let’s bring down the sword. I think that’s an overreaction. I’m not condoning his actions. They were in all honestly embarrassing. He was out of control. He misbehaved. He made a fool of himself. No one knows that more than he does. I don’t know that I have been perfect in my lifetime, either. I probably did some things I wish I hadn’t. Most people would probably have to admit to that. He didn’t hurt anybody physically. He just hurt himself by how he comported himself. In some ways, that’s punishment enough right there. You have to live with that. What the municipal prosecutor does, that hasn’t been determined. What the league does, that hasn’t been determined. So when I say ‘play out’ there are more shoes to drop. We’ll see what comes of it. But I hope it ends up that he gets his life back and he has openly apologized. He knows full well what he has done to himself. He regrets it. But it’s been made into a public issue and maybe I am overly tolerant. If so, so be it."

It seems to me that Pacman has had plenty of 'chances' already.

i would challenge that. Why did Pacman downplay the whole situation afterwards? I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "wait for the video to come out" type deal. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lewis gives his opinion on Pacman - Hoofhearted - 03-29-2017, 04:02 PM