Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot
(04-08-2017, 08:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The argument comes down to some (not many) like me think he will be solid NFL starter once gets the reps and experience. But it appears the majority feel he is only a backup and can be no better than a backup. I understand and see both points of view. Time will tell who is correct as AJM will get his shot to start at some point in his career.

But my point is he has value to teams looking for a starter right now and I could caress less if he was never drafted, he is a NFL QB nw while others are still college wanna be QB's yet to take an NFL snap and are unknown as well. Look at the 2011 NFL list of QB's taken to see how hard it is for an NFL team to know and grab the right guy. If wrong, they wasted a pick in round 1.

I actually think McCarron could be a solid NFL starter, behind a good O-line.

Dude needs a lot of time as we saw in his few starts.

I get your point in a way, just think we need to get all we can while he still has value.

If Dalton goes down this year due to bad O-line play McCarron will only lose value unless the O-line magically improves.

Dalton has the 2nd quickest release in football, AJM has a very slow release and holds onto the ball.

(04-08-2017, 10:17 PM)phil413 Wrote: You may be too focused on AJM being a 5th rounder that hasn't played much.  It's more about what he means to the Browns.  Hue saw him firsthand.  If there is interest, they have to know Cincy values him enough to not give away especially to a rival.  When was the last time we had a young QB as an asset as well.

Cleveland can't fool themselves.  The league is QB starved, it's no longer just about looking for the next Favre and getting by with a Bobby Hebert or Steve Beurlein type...even those "bridge" guys are sparse now. So to a team like the Jets AJ would be an improvement and his field management could mean a lot to a young team.  To Cleveland it's even more.  They won't have the shot to get their QB as none are sanely able to be taken first, plus the Jets and someone leaping the Browns could nab them.  

So when they can't pry JG from NE, they have to deal with the fact that theyre shopping arounder and have only Kessler to build with.  If the thought of plugging in AJM into Hues offense isn't worth 33, they can wait til next year to start developing a QB.  They can call him a bridge if they want to, but it'll be an expensive bridge, it's going to be a great bridge tho, it's gonna b HUUUUGE, totally worth 33.  

Hey, get whatever we can get is my thought process. Don't wait until the guy has no value and is a FA.

We don't have to be desperate, but when someone offers a good deal don't pass it up for greener grass that might not be there...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Browns interested in McCarron per Mary Kay Cabot - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-09-2017, 12:28 AM