Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flying United? You may want to give up your seat...
(04-10-2017, 09:52 AM)Au165 Wrote: So, apparently this flight was overbooked and when the guy in the video was asked to leave (reminder he paid for this seat) they asked security to forcibly remove him. United has quite the PR shitshow on its hands after this one.

I saw this article this AM and another where a woman claims she made $11,000 over a weekend by volunteering to get "bumped" when the price was right. It cost three trips to the airport, some time hanging out there, and forfeiting a vacation for her and her husband and daughter, but $11,000 bucks is more than many people earn in a quarter, and Delta gave her family that in 3 days!

So there is a good way to miss a flight, and a not so good way. Like the title says, you may (really!) want to give up your seat sometimes.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flying United? You may want to give up your seat... - xxlt - 04-10-2017, 01:22 PM