Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading McCarron will require...
(04-26-2017, 09:27 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, I reported it was a first round pick after the 2015 season. It never changed. And I wrote the story about McCarron being "at peace" with it, because he has to be. The Bengals hold all the leverage. There's no reason for them to ask for anything less. And no, the team isn't going to look at AJ to compete with Andy at any point. AJ is considered a very good backup quarterback they feel good about should Andy get hurt.

Sure there is a reason for them to ask for something less...if the market dictated that no one would offer a #1.

You would know this late tomorrow evening, and teams would know if they got their QB or not so they may be willing to make an offer.

I love having AJM as a backup, but I would rather have a pick that turns in to a player that immediately contributes....TJ Watt.  Zach Cunningham.  Curtis Samuel (if they don't get Ross).  Those are players that improve our starting roster and make us a better team on gameday.  What difference does it make if you have a good insurance policy on a team that can't win in the postseason?  More talent on the starting roster = better team and more wins.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trading McCarron will require... - BenZoo2 - 04-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Trading McCarron will require... - BenZoo2 - 04-25-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: Trading McCarron will require... - SHRacerX - 04-26-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Trading McCarron will require... - J24 - 04-28-2017, 02:54 AM
RE: Trading McCarron will require... - J24 - 04-28-2017, 03:10 AM