Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread***
(04-27-2017, 11:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Wanted OJ Howard or Hooker or Allen.  But after a few minutes of thoughts; speed kills.  The Bengals needed speed on outside.  It will prevent safeties from sitting on AJ Green's route.  Ross will be returner and is blazing compared to Erickson.  

My guess is this:  Lattimore has hamstring issues that may be chronic.  Hamstring issues are not easy fixes and can linger for the career.  Hooker and Allen has medical concerns.  I still think Hooker could have made Bengals secondary elite.  Allen concerned me a little because Saben tends to work his players to the bone.  Same goes with Foster, the backer.  Which brings me to Howard.  Why not Howard for leverage against Eifert who cannot stay on the field.  Well, there are plenty of very good TE in this draft.

For 9th pick the player has to have something special.  Ross has elite speed.  Once in a generation type of speed.  Problem will be keeping Dalton off his back to utilize this speed.  The team will need not only a RB that can block but will bring safeties up in the box.  Then Ross can be used in seem routes.  

Between Hooker and Ross?  Both have medical concerns; Ross seemingly significant issues.  With Davis gone, I do not see a WR with elite speed and smooth route running left.  Ross is not a track star trying to become a football player.  That is what Al Davis would choose.  Ross is a football player with once in a generation speed. Very Rare.  We will see if he stays healthy.
Makes me wonder why they signed LaFell.  Did they give up on Boyd?

Great post as usual Psych. Hey i got my guy even if i liked Allen just as much or more.

This guy is a football player, all around great Wide Receiver that can play all the spots, outside or in the Slot, can be a great returner etc.

(04-27-2017, 11:02 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Na, people get too hung up on the speed metric. Take it with a grain of salt. If you don't know how to play, i don't care how fast you run, you are not going to make it in the nfl..

Ah, that is why you name yourself off of a Punter...

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2017, 11:07 PM