Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread***
I know I'm way late, but I was out for the 5th and 6th rounds.

So, the difference between Elliot and Gonzalez, as far as I can tell:

Elliot is automatic inside 30 and on extra points. Virtually automatic up to 49 yards. Had an absolutely awful sophomore year that hurt his percentages but, other than that year, was successful in the limited attempts beyond 50 yards. Never allowed a KR TD and is relatively good at touchbacks.

Gonzalez is generally successful inside 30 and on extra points, but did have some misses in each category. Has an absolute cannon for a leg, going 7-9 in 50+ attempts with a long of 59. As a senior, missed only one extra point and 2 50+ field goals in 25 total attempts. Definitely the hot hand, but struggled in his limited attempts at 50+ prior to his senior year (0-4) and 40-49 yard kicks (14-22), as well as missing 4 XPs as a freshman and sophomore.

If you are looking at just their senior years, Gonzalez seems to be the more reliable kicker, but in terms of their whole career, Elliot seems to be superior other than his uncharacteristically poor sophomore year.

I personally think I would have preferred Gonzalez, but I can live with Elliot if that's who the coaches preferred.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread*** - CJD - 04-29-2017, 05:25 PM