Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-10-2022, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In the vast majority of mock sources, Ja"Marr chase has an ADP of 8 and I pick 8th. WTS there's no way in hell he's making it to 8th in our league. 

The kicker is: The player most often interchanged with JC in ADP is Najee Harris. I'm not sure if I could live with myself if I took a Steeler; especially in RD 1. I made the mistake a few years back in another league of taking Big Ben because the value was incredible; I couldn't keep him. I think I let some dude have him for Jay Cutler

This is a good point about OUR LEAGUE.  BENGALS LEAGUE.  So Bengals will fly off the board sooner, especially after going to Super Bowl.  Everybody will want Chase, Mixon, Higgins, Burrow.  Boyd will not be a late round pick as in Mocks.  Bengals Defense will not be as easy to get as in Mocks.  Someone will draft McPherson higher than I would ever take a Kicker, and he is going early in Mocks.  Hendrickson will be a Defense Player Position many Bengals Fans will know.  Bengals will fly off the board. 

So as much as I hate to draft Browns, Ravens, Steelers, it may be needed.  I may not be able to draft any Bengals.  Then if I eliminate the rest of the AFC North, am I not limiting myself to fewer teams to chose from.  Also one thing I do keep an eye on is Bye Weeks of Picks.  Why would I want a back-up RB with the same Bye Week of my starting RB.  I would have to consider Browns Chubb, Steelers Harris or Steelers Receivers, or Ravens Receivers or Quarterback. Also their Defenses. Some of their Kickers. The Bengals players are going to go fast, and I need to put the best team on the field, even if I have to use other AFC North players.  However Bye Weeks would stop me from going all in on an all Steelers team, or Browns or Ravens.  

So I hate drafting other AFC North teams, I hate them all.  Still, I will take the best player on the Board.   For our new Defensive Player position, certainly people are going to want Watt, Steeler or not.  Tecmo won it all last year and at times he used Big Ben, and I had him during a season bye week and why not. You put the best team on the field.  So as much as I hate these 3 teams, yes I hate The Browns just as much as the other 2,  if these teams have the best player on the board when I draft, I'm taking them.  The Bengals players will go fast in Bengals League, even the Kicker.  There are players on other teams on my Wish List through most of the Rounds.  

I was impressed with how Tecmo won last year.  He didn't have much at QB as he admitted, but he had both Super Bowl Stars Kupp and Chase at WR and their points won it for Tecmo.  Now me, I kind of like to have a QB, but he did show you can win with whoever you grab in Free Agency at QB.  

There is an NFL team that has a couple players I want around Round 5 to Round 8, and if I get these 2 players I will feel like I hit a home run. It is not The Bengals. I'm sure everybody is looking way past Round One. Should be a good draft, you all know your football. I am not worried about Round One, I know I will get a good player Round One. It's the other Rounds that I need to get Lucky on and really watch who is still On The Board after my long waits. I'm now only Mock Practicing my Pick 13 in 14 team Mocks, and I do OK, but you guys will draft much different from the Mocks. Still, it's good practice on using the Yahoo Board.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 08-11-2022, 02:19 PM